.

March 22, 2014

Finding the Story

I took the day off from "writing stuff" today to volunteer at a tack sale fundraiser for Riding with HEART, an equine assisted recreation and therapy program where I work part time.  I'm the bookkeeper.  Usually I just breeze in, collect the money and the bills and breeze out.  But on days like today I get to see volunteers and customers that I usually don't see in the course of the week.




This is where I collect stories.  Most of my books are based on a snippet of a story I've heard here or interaction between people that I've observed there.  To that extent I think all writers are your basic busybody, collecting life and then returning it out again in the form of a written story.  If I just sat at my computer all day I would have nothing to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment