.

April 15, 2009

The next book.

Ah, you finish one, you button up its little jacket, pat it on its butt, and send it on its way and what’s next? Why the three that are waiting for you in My Documents under a file called Books! Hmmm. Which one to work on now? The possibly commercially viable Romance that flashes in and out of my consciousness but doesn’t make my socks go up and down? The one with 60,000 words all in the wrong order? The one I’ve been working on since the early ‘90s that is about as linguistically complicated as The English Patient and therefore is hell to write?

Well, if you’ve read some of my past posts you probably would select the Romance. I want to take the next step and get published. I have nothing against POD and self-pub but a new experience is always at the top of my list. I want to see if I can actually interest somebody in the publishing world in my material. So on to farms, and handsome veterinarians and grumpy mares. But always with the other two in mind.

1 comment: